Protein pancakes are an easy option for a quick breakfast option OR something you can double or triple and have for a few days. Simple few ingredients most of us already have at home. Play around with adding cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, or mini chocolate chips. Simply reheat in the morning and top with fresh berries/ fruit/ local maple syrup OR turn into a sandwich with natural nut/ seed butter and low sugar jam to have on your way out the door.
- 1 large banana (it should yield about 1/3 – 1/2 cup, mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (optional but recommended)
- 1/2-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat on the stove. Let it heat up while you prepare the pancakes. It’s ready when water dropped into the pan sizzles.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana well with a fork. Add the eggs, baking soda, and protein powder and whisk until well combined.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray before adding in 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture
- Let the pancakes cook for 1-2 minutes before flipping and letting the other side cook for the same amount of time.
- Remove to a plate and serve with nut butter, low sugar jam, maple syrup, fruit, or whatever you like!