- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 cup carrots, freshly grated
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F/180°C. Line 8 standard-sized muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a new bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Then stir in the Greek yogurt until smooth. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Here we need to alternate between adding the coconut flour mix and milk. Do this by starting and ending with the coconut flour. Ideally, we want to add the coconut flour mix in 3 parts, but don’t worry if you end up doing this in 4-5 parts.
5. Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes. Gently fold in the grated carrots.
6. Evenly portion the batter into the muffin cups. Bake in your preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes at 350°F/180°C. You will need to remove them once the muffin tops feel firm and when an inserted toothpick comes out of the muffin clean.
7. Remove the muffins from the oven and leave in the cups while they cool for 5-10 minutes. Then carefully remove from the cups and leave to cool completely.
Macros per muffin: 110kcals, 11.4g carbs (4g fibre), 10g protein and 2.5g fat.