Who doesn’t love easter chocolates? I know I sure do! Well, I mean I love chocolate in general…
But since we are all likely #stayinghome this Easter, why not take the extra time as an opportunity to try out some healthier versions of your favourites?
So get down with your quarantine partner, or factime with the fam, and try out one of these healthy easter chocolate recipes. The best part? they are all dietitian approved. ☺
By Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly sub
- optional dash salt – I like to add it
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (for substitutions, see note below)
- Liquid stevia to taste, or 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar or oat flour, if needed
Get the full recipe here: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2018/03/22/copycat-recipe-reeses-peanut-butter-eggs/
By Healthy Steps Nutrition
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 oz dark chocolate bar or chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder for rolling
Get the full recipe here: https://healthystepsnutrition.com/recipe/dark-chocolate-avocado-truffles/
By I Quit Sugar
- 50 g (1/3 cup melted) cacao butter.
- 25 g (2 tablespoons) coconut oil.
- 60 g (1 loose cup) raw cacao powder.
- 1 tablespoon Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup.
Get the full recipe: https://recipes.28bysamwood.com/recipe/homemade-chocolate-easter-eggs/
By The Big Man’s World
- 1/2 cup keto maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 cups sugar free powdered sugar
- 1 drop natural yellow food coloring
- 2-3 cups sugar free chocolate chips
Get the full recipe:
By Protein Pow
1 and 1/4 bars 90% Chocolate
4 scoops Vanilla Egg White Protein powder
2 cups cartoned coconut milk
4 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons toffee flavdrops
Get the full recipe here: https://proteinpow.com/2012/04/protein-pow-easter-egg-because-who-said.html
If you try out any healthy easter egg or dessert recipes this weekend, let us know! Tag us on social media @crossfit6s and #foodfor6s #athomewith6S so we can see all your fun creations!
For Easter dinner recipe ideas, check out our healthy recipes here: https://www.crossfit6s.com/healthy-recipes.html
Have an awesome weekend & stay safe at home!
Food for 6S Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Coach
Book a FREE virtual nutrition consultation >>HERE<<